CITY OF ROCKY RIVER INFORMATION &
Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. a tree root excavation demonstration will be held at the Rocky River Middle School parking lot – please park on Riverview Avenue near the Middle School. A healthy tree root system is vital to the growth and well-being of a tree. Please join the City of Rocky River and Busy Bee Services for a demonstration of air excavation for evaluating tree root structure and condition. Learn from ISA Certified Arborist, Mark Hoenigman and our City ISA Certified Arborist and Service Commissioner Rich Snyder about how air pressure can safely remove soil around a tree root system in order to better understand the health and condition of trees. The demonstration is free - open to the public and will be conducted in the parking lot of the Rocky River Middle School from 10:00 a.m. until noon on Tuesday, October 30th – with parking on Riverview Avenue. For more information please contact Service Commissioner Snyder at 440-356-5630.
Wednesday, October 31st is Halloween – children will be out on our streets to Trick-or-Treat from 6 PM to 8 PM on Wednesday (rain or shine). Please use caution when traveling on Wednesday evening.
HILLIARD BOULEVARD PAVING: Please consider alternate routes onto I-90 due to – asphalt paving scheduled for Monday, October 29th and Tuesday, October 30th as weather allows.
PAVING IN FRONT OF THE I-90 RAMPS ON HILLIARD IS SCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEEK – BEGINNING MONDAY, OCTOBER 29TH AS WEATHER ALLOWS. PLEASE CONSIDER ALTERNATE ROUTES. PAVING WILL CAUSE TRAFFIC DELAYS AND CONGESTION. PAVING WORK WILL REQUIRE SHIFTS IN LANES OF TRAVEL. On Tuesday, October 30th paving on Hilliard will continue and will include paving small sections near Lakeview at Center Ridge and Westway. This paving has been delayed due to cooler temperatures and wet weather. Thank you for your patience as we await weather to accommodate this paving.
The Hilliard Boulevard road work from Gasser Blvd. to Westmoor and near the I-90 ramps. Paving scheduled for next week will require traffic to be shifted to accommodate large paving equipment. At all times, two-way traffic will be maintained. Until the final asphalt is applied next week traffic lanes will have exposed manholes and other elevated castings – please use caution. Also, please watch for adjustments in the lanes of traffic to accommodate paving.
Detroit Road Paving
- The east end of Detroit Road (from Lakeview to Wooster) has had final asphalt installed. Street markings have begun to be installed and will be completed as weather allows next week.
- The road repair work zone to the west, from the I-90 ramps to the Westlake line has been shifted in to the center lanes on Detroit. Two-way traffic will be maintained but there are no turning lanes, please expect delays.
- As soon as the road repair work is completed, paving will begin on Detroit west of the I-90 ramps. That final paving is scheduled for November 1st and 2nd as weather allows.
- Work has been completed for grant funded sidewalk improvements at various intersections between Prospect and Wooster on both sides of the street. (Bump-outs on the south side of the street are complete and will continue to be installed on the north side of the street.). These pedestrian improvements are being funded by NOACA (Transportation for Livable Communities Initiative Implementation grant). The sidewalk ‘bump-outs’ extend into the road so that pedestrians have prominent visibility and a shorter distance across Detroit Road to cross. Please be aware that these sidewalk expansions have changed the road dimensions on Detroit east of Rockland Road – please use caution in the area.
- ALL BUSINESSES ARE ACCESSIBLE DURING THE ROAD REPAIRS AND PAVING WORK.
- The ODOT / Detroit Road paving project includes Wooster Road paving in late spring, 2019 as weather allows. (Wooster Road will be paved next year from Center Ridge to the Heinen’s driveway.)
Lakeview / Hampton Sewer Improvements
Lakeview: The signal at Center Ridge and Lakeview is now cycling; however, traffic loops to initiate the cycle of the signal will be replaced and road markings will be replaced once Hilliard paving is completed. Road marking work will be scheduled after paving as weather allows. In addition, small concrete sections near the Center Ridge and Westway intersections will be removed and paved with asphalt next Tuesday as weather allows.
Hampton: A small portion of paving will be completed with the Hilliard Blvd. paving. Road markings will also be replaced when Hilliard paving is complete as weather allows. Traffic loop system to actuate the signal at Hilliard will also be repaired after final asphalt is installed. After all work is completed, road markings (stop bars, cross walk markings) will be installed.
First Energy is trimming trees in the City. The First Energy contractors for tree trimming is Asplundh and Townsend. During tree trimming large vehicles may be blocking the streets in neighborhoods – please use caution while traveling around these vehicles. If you have any questions or concerns about tree trimming – please contact City Hall at 440-331-0600 and we will have personnel from Asplundh or Townsend contact you.
Please continue to drive carefully and thank you for not parking in the roadway during construction. There will be mats that protect the temporary water lines and valves and other devices that are included in the temporary water line system.
You may request specific updates sent to you by email or phone message by calling Rocky River City Hall at 440-331-0600. The specific updates regarding the project that you reference will have more detailed information than this update. This construction update will give you general information.