More than 4,000 people are expected at the annual Lakewood Summer Meltdown on Detroit Avenue on Saturday, July 12th. As a result, a few streets will close to traffic during the event.
Detroit Avenue between Arthur Avenue and Marlowe Avenue will close at 2:00 PM. At 6:00 PM, the portion of Detroit between Arthur and Warren is expected to reopen. Detroit Avenue between Warren and Marlowe will remain closed until 11:00 PM. North and southbound traffic will remain open at Warren for the duration of the event.
In addition, several several streets will close temporarily for the Kids One Mile Fun Run to begin at 6:00 PM and the Summer MeltDown 5K which is scheduled to begin immediately after the kids run.
Belle Avenue (between Detroit and Clifton) will be closed beginning at approximately 5:45 PM until approximately 8:00 PM for the Kids Run and the Meltdown 5K race.
A few other streets will close for a short period of time for the 5K race:
- Clifton Boulevard (between Belle and Donald)
- Donald Avenue (between Clifton and Merl)
- Merl Avenue (between Donald and Nicholson)
- Nicholson Avenue (between Merl and Emerson)
- Emerson Avenue (between Nicholson and Jackson)
- Jackson Avenue (between Emerson and Clifton)
For more information, visit www.LakewoodSummerMeltdown.com.