CITY OF ROCKY RIVER UPDATE
ROAD REPAIRS ARE SCHEDULED IN FRONT OF THE I-90 RAMPS ON HILLIARD AS WEATHER ALLOWS. PLEASE CONSIDER ALTERNATE ROUTES. ROAD REPAIR WORK WILL REQUIRE LANE CLOSURES WHICH WILL CAUSE TRAFFIC DELAYS AND CONGESTION. AS WORK PROGRESSES, THE LANES OF WORK WILL SHIFT AND WILL REQUIRE SHIFTS IN TRAVEL LANES.
2018 CITY PAVING PROGRAM
FRAZIER will be milled on Thursday, October 4th – from Buckingham (southeast) towards Beachcliff Boulevard. An intermediate surface treatment will be installed with final asphalt being installed on Friday October 5th – all paving will be as weather allows.
HOMELAND will be milled on Friday, October 5th and will have surface treatment on Monday with final pavement on Tuesday, October 9th – as weather allows
Pavement markings for Frazier and Homeland will be made on or after October 10th as weather allows.
Detroit Road Paving
- The ODOT road repair zone on Detroit between Lakeview and Wooster has been shifted into the westbound (north side) of the street. Two-way traffic will be maintained in lanes that have intermediate paving – please watch for exposed manhole lids and catch basins. In addition, no turning lanes are available – please expect traffic delays.
- Concrete will be poured at road repairs this week into next week. Please watch for large concrete trucks entering and exiting the construction zones.
- The work zones for Detroit now include the section of Detroit west of the I-90 ramps (near Westlake) in the eastbound lanes on Detroit. Two-way traffic will be maintained but there are no turning lanes, please expect delays.
- The road work continues on Wooster – from Detroit to the Heinen’s entrance - with two-way traffic open; however, lanes of travel are constricted – please expect traffic congestion.
- Work is continues on grant funded sidewalk improvements at various intersections between Prospect and Wooster on both sides of the street. (Bump-outs on the south side of the street are complete and will continue to be installed on the north side of the street.). These pedestrian improvements are being funded by NOACA (Transportation for Livable Communities Initiative Implementation grant). The sidewalk ‘bump-outs’ extend into the road so that pedestrians have prominent visibility and a shorter distance across Detroit Road to cross. Please be aware that these sidewalk expansions have changed the road dimensions on Detroit east of Rockland Road – please use caution in the area.
- Please watch for road repair crews to be working on sidewalks (ADA compliance at crossing ramps), road repairs, catch basin work and manhole repairs along the entire work zone. All work in the zone proceeds as weather allows.
- ALL BUSINESSES ARE ACCESSIBLE DURING THE ROAD REPAIRS AND PAVING WORK.
- Once all road / concrete repairs are complete, then a final layer of asphalt will be installed from the Westlake line to Wooster and including a section of Wooster (just south of the Heinen’s driveway). That final layer is anticipated to be installed by October 31st.
- The ODOT / Detroit Road paving project includes Wooster Road paving in late spring, 2019 as weather allows. (Wooster Road will be paved next year from Center Ridge to the Heinen’s driveway.)
Hilliard Boulevard Paving
Please consider alternate routes onto I-90 due to road repairs scheduled for Hilliard along the off / on ramps for the next two weeks as weather allows.
The Hilliard Boulevard road work from Gasser Blvd. to Westmoor and near the I-90 ramps in the curb lanes continues next week. Please note that repairs will be made directly in front of the ramps on and off I-90 at Hilliard next week as weather allows. The work zone has shifted into the center lanes of traffic – curb lanes will be open for traffic. Two-way traffic will be maintained. Curb lanes will have exposed manholes and other elevated castings – please use caution. As construction continues, also watch for adjustments in the lanes of traffic.
Once road repairs are completed in the center lanes – a final asphalt layer of pavement will be installed. Due to constricted lanes within this work zone, please expect traffic delays. Final paving is scheduled for mid-October.
Lakeview / Hampton Sewer Improvements
Lakeview: The signal at Center Ridge and Lakeview is now cycling; however, traffic loops to initiate the cycle of the signal will be replaced and road markings will be replaced once Hilliard paving is completed in mid-October.
Hampton: A small portion of paving will be completed with the Hilliard Blvd. paving. Road markings will also be replaced when Hilliard paving is complete (mid-October). Traffic loop system to actuate the signal at Hilliard will also be repaired after final asphalt is installed.
Laurel / Purnell Water Line Replacement
Paving of the new water main is completed for both streets. A few items that are outstanding will be resolved (hydrant Sortz-Steamer heads, etc.) will be addressed in the next few weeks.
Riverwood & Homeland – Water Main Replacement
Homeland - the new service line connections are complete. The new water main has a concrete repair installed and is awaiting the final asphalt layer. The street will be milled, sealed and the new asphalt paving – see details above.
Riverwood – the water line installation is complete. The repairs to the road have begun at the Lakeview end of the street and the contractor will continue working eastward. Concrete repairs in the trench where the new water main had been installed will continue through next week.
First Energy is trimming trees in the City. The First Energy contractors for tree trimming is Asplundh and Townsend. During tree trimming large vehicles may be blocking the streets in neighborhoods – please use caution while traveling around these vehicles. If you have any questions or concerns about tree trimming – please contact City Hall at 440-331-0600 and we will have personnel from Asplundh or Townsend contact you.
Please continue to drive carefully and thank you for not parking in the roadway during construction. There will be mats that protect the temporary water lines and valves and other devices that are included in the temporary water line system.
You may request specific updates sent to you by email or phone message by calling Rocky River City Hall at 440-331-0600. The specific updates regarding the project that you reference will have more detailed information than this update. This construction update will give you general information.