CITY OF ROCKY RIVER UPDATE
PAVING IN FRONT OF THE I-90 RAMPS ON HILLIARD IS SCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEEK – BEGINNING MONDAY AS WEATHER ALLOWS. PLEASE CONSIDER ALTERNATE ROUTES. ROAD REPAIR WORK WILL REQUIRE LANE CLOSURES WHICH WILL CAUSE TRAFFIC DELAYS AND CONGESTION. PAVING WORK WILL REQUIRE SHIFTS IN LANES OF TRAVEL.
PAVING ON DETROIT ROAD IS SCHEDULED THIS WEEK INCLUDING THIS SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20TH AS WEATHER PERMITS.
Hilliard Boulevard Paving
Please consider alternate routes onto I-90 due to road repairs – asphalt paving is scheduled for Monday, October 22nd as weather allows.
The Hilliard Boulevard road work from Gasser Blvd. to Westmoor and near the I-90 ramps. Paving scheduled for next week will require traffic to be shifted to accommodate large paving equipment. At all times, two-way traffic will be maintained. Until the final asphalt is applied next week traffic lanes will have exposed manholes and other elevated castings – please use caution. Also, please watch for adjustments in the lanes of traffic to accommodate paving.
Detroit Road Paving
- The east end of Detroit Road (from Lakeview to Wooster) is scheduled for paving this Thursday, Friday and SATURDAY (October 20th). Please expect travel delays as large paving equipment will be installing final pavement.
- Lane markings will be added immediately after pavement.
- The road repair work zone to the west, from the I-90 ramps to the Westlake line has been shifted in to the westbound lanes on Detroit. Two-way traffic will be maintained but there are no turning lanes, please expect delays.
- The paving of Detroit’s west end work zone is scheduled for the week of October 22nd.
- Work has been completed for grant funded sidewalk improvements at various intersections between Prospect and Wooster on both sides of the street. (Bump-outs on the south side of the street are complete and will continue to be installed on the north side of the street.). These pedestrian improvements are being funded by NOACA (Transportation for Livable Communities Initiative Implementation grant). The sidewalk ‘bump-outs’ extend into the road so that pedestrians have prominent visibility and a shorter distance across Detroit Road to cross. Please be aware that these sidewalk expansions have changed the road dimensions on Detroit east of Rockland Road – please use caution in the area.
- ALL BUSINESSES ARE ACCESSIBLE DURING THE ROAD REPAIRS AND PAVING WORK.
- Work is anticipated to be completed for Detroit by October 31st as weather permits.
- The ODOT / Detroit Road paving project includes Wooster Road paving in late spring, 2019 as weather allows. (Wooster Road will be paved next year from Center Ridge to the Heinen’s driveway.)
2018 CITY PAVING PROGRAM
The 2018 City paving program is complete. We appreciate your patience as these road surface improvements progressed for Frazier, Homeland, High Parkway and Forestview.
Please be aware that crack and joint sealing will be applied to streets to ensure the pavement longevity. Watch for large trucks and personnel working on the following streets: Avalon, Beachcliff (Falmouth to Frazier), Carol, Carolyn, Lavern, Northview, Orchard Grove, Pease Drive, Tonawanda, Westover (east of Wooster), Westway (Northview west to Detroit), Wooster Parkway, and Center Ridge (Wooster to Dale) and Lake Road Linda Street east towards Lakewood).
Lakeview / Hampton Sewer Improvements
Lakeview: The signal at Center Ridge and Lakeview is now cycling; however, traffic loops to initiate the cycle of the signal will be replaced and road markings will be replaced once Hilliard paving is completed. Road marking work will be scheduled after paving as weather allows.
Hampton: A small portion of paving will be completed with the Hilliard Blvd. paving. Road markings will also be replaced when Hilliard paving is complete as weather allows. Traffic loop system to actuate the signal at Hilliard will also be repaired after final asphalt is installed. Lawn restoration will be reviewed and monitored.
Laurel / Purnell Water Line Replacement
Paving of the new water main is completed for both streets.
Riverwood & Homeland – Water Main Replacement
Homeland and Riverwood water main replacement work is complete. Grass / lawn restoration will be monitored / reviewed over the next few weeks.
First Energy is trimming trees in the City. The First Energy contractors for tree trimming is Asplundh and Townsend. During tree trimming large vehicles may be blocking the streets in neighborhoods – please use caution while traveling around these vehicles. If you have any questions or concerns about tree trimming – please contact City Hall at 440-331-0600 and we will have personnel from Asplundh or Townsend contact you.
Please continue to drive carefully and thank you for not parking in the roadway during construction. There will be mats that protect the temporary water lines and valves and other devices that are included in the temporary water line system.
You may request specific updates sent to you by email or phone message by calling Rocky River City Hall at 440-331-0600. The specific updates regarding the project that you reference will have more detailed information than this update. This construction update will give you general information.