Season’s greetings from the City of Rocky River!
The City’s regular refuse collection will be made on Monday, December 24th. No refuse collection will be made on Tuesday, December 25th, Christmas day and collection will be delayed one day to Saturday, December 29th. Next week the collection schedule will be the same: refuse collection will be made New Year’s Eve - Monday, December 31st and no refuse collection New Year’s Day (Tuesday) - refuse collections will be delayed one day until Saturday, January 5th. Please have your refuse out by 6 am on the 24th and the 31st. We will have staff collecting trash on those days and they may arrive for pickup earlier than the normal crews. Thank you for your cooperation.
- The Transfer Station at the Service Garage will be closed at 11 AM on Monday, December 24th (Christmas Eve) and at 11 AM on Monday December 31st (New Year’s Eve);
- FOLLOWING CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS DAY: the Transfer Station will be open Thursday, Friday and Saturday (from 8 AM to 2:30 PM);
- Cardboard, wrapping paper and gift boxes can be recycled at the bins at City Hall – please collapse your boxes so that all recycling can fit into the bins. (Additional bins cannot be secured because bin weights have been too low due to boxes not being collapsed.)
- Cardboard can be recycled at home by being placed in large blue recycling bags;
- Please bring old Christmas lights to the Service Garage to be recycled (22401 Lake Road).
Recently the City mailed the 2019 Holiday Refuse Pick-Up schedule that includes helpful tips about refuse and recycling collection. If you did not receive this flyer, please contact City Hall at 440-331-0600 and one will be sent to you. You can also find it posted on our website – www.rrcity.com. Thank you for all your efforts to recycle – we appreciate these contributions that help our environment and minimizing our landfill costs!
We wish you a safe and happy holiday and best wishes for a wonderful New Year!